Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Autistic Second Life



I've recently been hanging out on William Gibson's blog and catching up with some of his older posts. His fascination with present set science fiction has always intrigued me. This has been one of his major themes in his past 2 books - Pattern Recognition and Spook Country (which I am currently finishing up.) Marketing, branding, and advertising become frequent subjects for him, in a way acting as the present's "technology" - this interests me more than the tired cyber punk style that was relevant at the begining of his career when the internet was more of a myth. 

Anyways last night I found a link to this from his site and I can't stop thinking about it. You really don't have to search too far for science fiction in the present.

No comments: